.

.
.
Sons are a heritage from the Lord, Children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. Psalms 127:3-5
.
To the world you are just one person, but to one person, you are the world ~Author Unknown
.
One of the greatest diseases is to be nobody to anybody. Mother Theresa

Thursday, May 3, 2012

I read this blog post yesterday and I hope that you will read it also. It is SOOOOO very accurate.  I LOVE her perspective on the subject because what she is talking about is exactly the reaction we get from so many people who learn about our adoption. According to those in our culture we are completely nuts to be bringing home another child at our age and a special needs child at that. I can not even begin to count the number of times I have been asked why we would want to adopt this child because she is going to be "so much work". That question makes me laugh because I already have 3 children. They are wonderful, amazing kids but NONE of them have ever been particularly "easy" to raise. They are blessings that I love more then anything else in this world, but there are ALWAYS struggles and stresses that go along with raising ANY child, whether they have "special needs" or not and just because they grow up does not mean those go away. They are ALWAYS your child and you worry about them and strive to care for and help them no matter what age they are. That does not go away just because they move out on their own. Even if our soon-to-be newest daughter is dependent on us for every day of the rest of our lives I still feel so honored that God has chosen us to be her family. She is a precious treasure who is so full of life. Who is so deserving of a life outside of an institution and the chance to grow and become all that God has made her to be. Just as it was when we walked in the room to meet Leigh for the first time, we know that this child is our daughter. The moment we met her and she melted into our arms the love we felt for her exploded. Even though this adoption has been difficult, I would go through every moment of it again because I love this child beyond words. I can't wait until the time comes that I have the ability to hold her in my arms every moment of every day. I can't wait until we can be the ones to tuck her in at night and pick her up and comfort her when she falls down. When we can be the ones to make sure she has enough to eat and is happy and healthy. I so badly want her home. I am so looking forward to that day
 

1 comment:

Ron and Trish said...

I loved what you said about peoples comments about all the work you are looking at. And at your age? lol We get the same thing, my husband is almost 52, I just turned 50. We are bringing home Vessy (Ella with Ds) and Allie (blind). My thoughts on that are that the Bible calls us to keep working for the Kingdom until the end. And I haven't woke up in Heaven yet, so in the meantime, there are 2 little girls who need a family. Keep going, and be encouraged.